- Additional information
The Simplex 4098-9714 Smoke Detector Head
The Simplex 4098-9714 sensor head’s design provides 360° smoke entry. For this reason, it has an excellent response to smoke in any direction. Due to its photoelectric operation, air velocity is not normally a factor, except for impact on area smoke flow.
- It can be used at the ceiling or at the wall.
- It is listed to UL 268 and ULC-S529.
- The louvered smoke sensor design boots smoke capture by directing flow to the chamber.
- Designed for EMI compatibility.
- The magnetic test feature is provided with the Simplex 4098-9714 smoke detector head.
- Different bases are available to support a supervised or unsupervised output relay. It can also support a remote LED alarm indicator.
- Digital transmission of analog sensor values via IDNet or MAPNET II two-wire communications
Digital Communication of Analog Sensing
Analog sensors provide a measurement digitally communicated to the host control panel. Then, at the control panel, the data is analyzed and an average value is set and stored.
The heat sensors provide:
- Three fixed temperature sensing entrance: 135° F, 155° F and 190° F;
- Rate-of-rise temperature sensing;
- Utility temperature sensing.
Intelligent Data Analyses in SIMPLEX 4098-9714
By monitoring the sensor’s average value, this sensor head provides a continuously shifting reference point. This process compensates for environmental factors, such as dust and dirt, and component aging, for example. It also provides an accurate reference for evaluating new activity.
You can programme the sensor’s alarm for timed automatic sensitivity selection. Such as more sensitive at night and less sensitive during the day, for instance. You can also programme the control panel to provide multi-stage operation per sensor.
Compatible sensor bases for SIMPLEX 4098-9714:
- 4098-9792 – This is a standard sensor base.
- 4098-9789 – This is a sensor base with wired connections for 2098-9808 remote LED alarm indicator or 4098-9822 Unsupervised Relay.
- 4098-9791 – This is a sensor base with supervised relay driver output.
- 4098-9794 – This is a sounder Base.
- 4098-9751 – This is a TrueAlarm Duct Smoke Sensor Housing.
See all our parts for Simplex.
Simplex Smoke DetectorsJEM Security is here to provide you with our large selection of Simplex smoke detectors, horn strobes, heat detectors, and more. Within our collection of products, you can rest assured that we have you covered thanks to our line of fire safety products. One of our most popular brands, you are sure to find the perfect Simplex fire products to fit your needs—no matter the size of the project. Not only do we supply Simplex smoke detectors, but we also carry Simplex horn strobes and Simplex heat detectors for an added measure of safety. To learn more about the products we carry at JEM Security, contact us today. We’ll be happy to help!