- Additional information
2081-9028 SIMPLEX TRANSIENT CUBE FOR MAPNET I,II.
2081-9028 Simplex, Isolated Loop Circuit Protector (ILCP) for up to 5 A of DC or audio current:
- Low impedance design minimizes voltage drop.
- For internal or external applications.
- Refer to specific panel field wiring diagrams for additional application information.
- Listed as an Isolated Loop Circuit Protector to UL 497B, Protectors for Data Communications and Fire Alarm Circuits.
- Listed as a Surge Suppressor to ULC-S527, Control Units for Fire Alarm Systems.
The 2081-9028 Isolated Loop Circuit Protector (ILCP) is designed to protect Simplex® Fire Alarm circuits from those electrical transients induced on wire runs that are routed external to the building. Because of its small package size, it can be easily mounted at the location that achieves maximum protection.
Electrical transients caused by lightning or by disturbances on high voltage power lines are conditions that require low voltage wiring circuits to be adequately protected. This protection is most effective when placed at the location where such circuits leave or enter the building.
To ensure optimized protection, the 2081-9028 ILCPs shall be located as close as possible to the point at which the circuits leave or enter the buildings and installed in dedicated metallic electrical boxes.
Wiring is limited to one contiguous property. The total maximum wire length is determined by the individual application’s allowable limit as specified with ILCPs, but must not exceed 3270 ft (1 km).
Wiring must be in a wiring trough that is separate from commercial power distribution wiring.
See all our parts for Simplex.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 in|