- Additional information
FST-851 Notifier Series Intelligent Plug-in Thermal Detectors
FST-851 Notifier Series intelligent plug-in thermal detectors with integral communication has features that surpass conventional detectors. Point ID capability allows each detector’s address to be set with rotary, decimal address switches, providing exact detector locations.
FST-851 Notifier Series thermal detectors use an innovative thermistor sensing circuit to produce 135°F/57°C fixed-temperature (FST-851/A) and rate-of-rise thermal detection (FST-851R/A) in a low-profile package.
- Sleek, low-profile, stylish design.
- State-of-the-art thermistor technology for a fast response.
- Rate-of-rise model (FST-851 Notifier), 15°F (8.3°C) per minute.
- Factory pre-set fixed temperature at 135°F (57°C); high-temperature model fixed at 190°F (88°C).
- Addressable by the device.
- Compatible with FlashScan® and CLIP protocol systems.
- Rotary, decimal addressing (1-99 on CLIP systems, 1-159 on FlashScan systems).
- Two-wire SLC connection.
- Visible LEDs “blink” every time the unit is addressed.
- 360°-field viewing angle of the visual alarm indicators (two bi-color LEDs). LEDs blink green in Normal condition and turn on steady red in Alarm.
- Integral communications and built-in device-type identification.
- Remote test feature from the panel.
- FST-851 Notifier Built-in functional test switch activated by an external magnet.
- Walk test with address display (an address of 121 will blink the detector LED 12-(pause)-1).
- Low standby current.
- Built-in tamper-resistant feature.
- Designed for direct-surface or electrical-box mounting.
- Sealed against back pressure
FST-851 Notifier provides fixed high-temperature detection at 190°F/88°C. These thermal detectors provide effective, intelligent property protection in a variety of applications. FST851(A) Series detectors are compatible with Notifier Onyx and CLIP series Fire Alarm Control Panels (FACPs).
Point ID capability allows each detector’s address to be set with decade address switches, providing exact detector locations.
The FST Series plug-in intelligent thermal detectors use a separate base to simplify installation, service, and maintenance. Installation instructions are shipped with each detector. A special tool allows maintenance personnel to plug in and remove detectors without using a ladder Mount base (all base types) on an electrical backbox which is at least 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep. For a chart of compatible junction boxes, see DN-60054.
See all our parts for Notifier
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 in|